Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Library, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Now we're going to take a look at the library folder.…And if you don't see the library folder it should be…over here in your section of the interface.…And if you don't see it just click on this arrow…and this will give you access to all the different views…and then click on Library and there you have it.…So you'll see it has a Symbols folder…and an Animate Library folder on this side.…It has a Drawing Substitution panel and a…big empty space here, so let's see how this thing works.…So first things first, we'll make a new drawing layer…from this drop-down menu.…We're going a little further ahead in content…than I would really like but I have to create some artwork…or images for you so you can see where they go.…
So let's pick the brush tool.…I'm gonna keep this really simple.…We're just gonna make four levels,…four drawings, A,B,C, and D.…I'm switching on this little fella here,…that's the onion skin, so that I can see where…my previous image was,…A,B,C, and D.…And if you want to follow along and you feel…your line is too thin, go to Tool Properties and…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.