Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Layers and the Xsheet, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- When I began using this program, the one aspect…that I found the most awkward was putting…drawings, like layering out the sequence of drawings…in the Xsheet the way that I wanted.…The actual way seemed to be quite awkward to me.…So I wanted to find a way that would be fast,…and the best advice any animator ever gave me…was from one of my old directors, and he said,…"The Xsheet is your friend."…And it looks very technical and very off-putting,…but it really is there to help.…And if you don't have command of your Xsheet,…then you're in trouble.…So let me show you the simplest ways I have found…to be able to take a drawing sequence such as this…and to turn it into a custom sequence such as this,…which is very important to be able to do.…
So the minimum number of keyboard shortcuts...…We're not going to be messing with buttons…or going up to the menu bar, any of that stuff.…So click on one, and hold shift and plus.…There, that's basically it.…5, shift, and plus.…And if I overshoot, then I go to one of these overshoots,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.