Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Layer exposures, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- It's important when you work in Harmony to understand…what the timeline relationship with the layers is…because it's somewhat different from other programs.…In Harmony if I were to draw a series of images…on this red layer, and I've colored it red,…double clicking here to pick up color,…so we can identify the layers more easily.…So if I click on here, and if I draw a bunch of frames,…actually to be really obvious about it,…we'll keep these as red.…One, two, three, four, should be plenty.…
So if we look at the Xsheet,…and actually before I do that,…I'll go to the top layer, the blue layer,…and just do a few up here.…One, two, three, four.…So now we have a blue layer and a red layer,…doing these amazing animations.…So let's go to the Xsheet, and there are the layers…in blue and red, and the numbers are the same.…So if you are working in a program like Flash,…or Animate CC, for example, you probably think,…if you wanted to get the blue squiggle here…onto the red layer,…all you have to do is click on the little frame,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.