Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Interface navigation, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now a quick look…at how you move the stage around…and zoom in, zoom out and rotate it, all that stuff.…So, essentially very simple.…The hand tool here…will enable you to grab and drag like most programs.…Space bar also selects it…or you can use a wheel mouse to zoom in and zoom out…which is very handy.…I have a Cintiq, so I tend to not have my hand on the mouse,…so the number one and two key on the keyboard…do a nice job of zooming in…and of course we can select the zoom tool…and draw bounding boxes as well…and we can zoom out by holding down the alt and option key…and then tunneling out too.…
So, lots of ways to do that.…Also, though a very cool tool called rotate…and that will allow us to rotate…the entire stage, to zoom in,…which really helps if you're drawing like angles,…so I can make the brush tool, select it,…I make sure I'm in the right layer,…select the brush tool…and then I can start cleaning up at an angle…that is much easier to draw from.…Obviously if your hand tilts…as mine does, I'm right handed,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.