Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Interface navigation, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- So you're going to want to be able to comfortably…navigate your way through the scene, the stage.…And just a quick reminder to make sure that your…shortcuts are set to the Toon Boom Animate setting,…not the flash setting.…Those are the ones I'm using because…I'm keeping aligned with the official…Toon Boom technical manual on their website.…It doesn't make sense to use two different sets,…since you'll be referring to that a lot.…You can do a lot of navigation through the icon down here,…with the hand tool you can move around on the screen to pan…also hold down space bar will be the shortcut for that.…
The other option is zoom, which you can use with the…magnifying tool, either draw a bounding box to zoom in,…hold shift and click to zoom out.…I like the 1 and 2 on the keyboard.…If you click the 1 and 2 on the keyboard you can zoom in.…I find this is much quicker, for some reason,…than drawing these boxes.…The boxes can be a little fidgety sometimes,…or the little magnifying glass.…Although it's very good for getting a particular area…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.