Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Inking with the Pencil, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at the Inking tool,…which might come in handy for some people.…First, I need to draw a pretty simple graphical image…and I'm going to do it in black.…I don't want to draw these lines in blue to start with,…so I'll do just a little black, hashtag kind of thing…with a cross in the middle.…What if we want to color these lines?…Let's say, for example, that I want to take this line here…and ink it.…I want that line to be a different color like blue.…One, two, three, four, and maybe the line here to be red,…and maybe the one on top to be green.…
One thing that you'll notice is as we're drawing,…the colors are going on top of the ones beneath.…Now, there's a very cool feature in Tools Properties,…under the Inking tool.…It's Bring ink lines on top or under,…press Alt or Option to toggle.…Let's go back to our color.…Let's say I want a color to go beneath.…This pink color here.…If I hit Alt, I'm holding an Alt or Option now,…and it's going below.…Now, I'm lifting it and it's going above.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.