Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Inking with the Pencil, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Now let's see how to do inked lines,…colored lines, using the Vector Tools,…the Pencil Tool and the Line Tool.…What we're gonna do is draw a big fat circle first.…So let's select the Ellipse Tool in the Tool Bar.…And make this one very thick,…I'm gonna set it to 60 pixels wide,…and use the Fixed Thickness Line…so we see a single stroke.…Set that back to 60 there,…and right in the middle of the screen…hold down Alt or Option and drag.…And to make this a perfect circle as you're dragging,…hold down the Shift key and then let go.…
Now what I'm going to do is to draw…an equator and a vertical line…like a meridian down the center, so let's create a line.…And I want this to snap, so in the Tools Properties…of the Line Tool, select Snap to Contour,…and then as you draw over the line…you'll see a little blue circle.…And that blue circle means that the Contour…has been recognized.…And anything that you draw from this point…will be precisely on that line,…so click and drag.…As you drag you'll see another blue circle…on the other side, and then lift up.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.