Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing and editing sound, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Now it's time to take our scene,…with the little space man…and import some audio files…so he can do a little bit of speaking.…So let's go into the File, Import, Sound menu,…and inside the exercise files folder…you'll find the 0901 audio file folder…and then click on the martian.aif file…and that'll create a sound layer.…Now, to edit this layer, click on the little note,…and then you'll see the layer.…Now I have made five separate takes on this,…and let's play them.…
- This is my moon!…This moon is mine!…I own the moon.…This is my moon.…Get off my moon!…- So I like the fifth one,…so let's crop that to the fifth read,…and how we do that is by using these green and yellow flags.…I'm just gonna pull them in really tight,…and then just move that to here,…and this will crop the audio file,…which you see then done up here also.…Apply next.…Close.…So now we play this,…and let's see the little fella, too.…
Also if you can't hear the sound,…these icons here must be switched on,…if you don't see those icons, then…Play, Enable Sound, and Enable Sound Scrubbing.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.