Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing and creating a color palette, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now let's import a drawing…and see how we go about setting up…the color palette in preparation for converting…it into a puppet that we can animate.…So go file, import, images.…And in the browse button, go to exercise files,…0701, and inside that folder,…there's a file called 0103 color, click open.…So then you have options.…Create layers.…It might be a layered PSD file,…so let's just keep it on one layer…because it's a flat image.…You can keep it as the original bitmap,…or you can convert it to a vector drawing,…black and white or gray.…
I'm going to keep it as the original bitmap,…'cause I want it as a reference,…so click okay.…And now we have it.…Notice that there are no colors…appearing in the palette.…It looks kind of strange, it's all grayed out.…So if we click on the layer above that,…magically they appear.…But what I want is to make my own palette,…so let's do that.…So click on this plus sign here.…We're going to make a new palette called alien.…Click okay.…And now we begin to populate this.…Let's just give us a bit of room here.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.