Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing and creating a color palette, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- This chapter will cover the subject…of importing a character,…coloring the character,…lining it, rigging it,…setting it up so that you can animate it…inside Toon Boom Animate.…So let's see how we go about this.…First of all, let's bring him in.…So, we go to File, Import, Images,…and Browse the computer until you find the folder…that he's been saved into,…and in this case, we have him in the Exercise Files…06_01 folder.…So click on the color file,…and here you see our preview image,…and I'm going to Vectorize Imported Items.…
This one gives a nice, crisp import,…and I click Apply,…and we click OK,…and we just click OK on all these settings,…and here we have him.…So he's been brought in…in a layer…given the same name as his file name.…So, the next thing I want to do…is to make him transparent…so we can draw on top of him…and not be losing our pencil line…over this dark black line.…So let's do that.…So, we're going to add an Effect Layer,…and I'm gonna talk about these Effects Layers later on,…but for now we'll just add this,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.