Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing bitmaps and working with Flash and QuickTime, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Let's find out how to import files.…Go to File > Import > Images.…In the Browse button, we go to…the Exercise Files folder, 11_01,…and let's click on the geologist.…And this opens our little geologist figure…in the Preview window,…and we can Create a Single Layer Named…and you can name the layer here,…and this is good enough for now, click OK.…And when you zoom in on the figure,…you'll see it's very blurry.…So to fix this, click that layer in the Timeline.…Go View > Bitmap Image Quality,…and just go as high as it'll let you.…
And now you have a much better quality.…If you want to see the actual pure image,…then it's here under the Render view,…but I think the OpenGL view is fine to work within.…So the next thing to do, undo this,…if we want to import this again,…but this time we'll bring it in as a vector.…So select the geologist,…and go Vectorize Imported Items.…Click OK, and it really hasn't made a true vector.…It's put it in the Bounding Box…but inside here, you're still looking at a bitmap.…So let's undo this,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.