Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Harmony versions, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] There are three versions of Harmony, so you're probably wondering which one should you get because obviously there's pretty big price difference between $15 a month and 73. If you haven't used the program before, then Harmony Essentials will be fine. It's missing some features like texture brushes, so you'll see me doing things and you won't be able to follow along. That might be frustrating, but you can still do really nice work with the basic factor brushes. The Essentials version doesn't have all the super fancy effects like filters, that kind of thing, it has some very basic effects, but not the really, really high end stuff.
I won't be covering the really high end stuff in this course anyway, so that may not be a loss for you, at least in so far as this course is concerned. The Essentials version doesn't have the really high end camera moves, either. If you're looking for the really good stuff, then you probably need to look at Advanced or Premium. Check out this website, this is the Toon Boom page that covers the three different products and there's an entire list here of all the things that they have and haven't got. With that, take some time, research that, see which price point is right for you, and proceed.
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.