Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Functions for easing in and out, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Narrator] So let's take a look at how to do…easing in and easing out, or slow in…and slow outs as they used to be called.…So we have this backlight on, so this helps…to fade out the layers we're not working on,…but I'm going to actually hide the two layers…that I'm not working on.…Let's just look at the ball and go view, show, control.…And coordinates and control panels,…be sure that you have separate switched off,…if you switch it on and off again then…you could get into trouble so before you start…animating, you want to make sure this is clicked off.…
Otherwise you have to rebuild the whole thing.…So let's go to tool properties.…Okay so we're ready to go.…So I'm going to reframe slightly first…so we can see a little bigger.…It might be tricky to see otherwise.…Okay so now we right click and…set ease for multiple parameters.…Which sounds terrifying, all it really means is…controlling the slow ins and the slow outs.…So now if I go to the first slug here,…and see this little red arrow, pull it out,…and click apply, and watch what happen to the ticks.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.