Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Functions for creating ease-in and ease-out, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- So now we have the bouncing ball,…but let's give it some weight,…because it's looking very floaty.…Let's take a quick look at it.…It's like it's a balloon, it's got air in it,…and that's obviously not what we want.…I'm gonna hide these layers and very quickly show you…how you apply some ease ins and ease outs.…I'm just gonna make a very quick object here,…and then make sure animate mode is on, and transform is on,…and then I'm going to set the pivot point…to where it should be here.…Hit F5 on the keyboard over here,…and now when we move this thing it'll set a key frame.…
One more thing, this is very important:…Every time you make a new layer…be sure that the Separate position is set to off…because we like to create these things…with arcs and not with straight lines.…At the other end, let's move it down here,…and I'm going to make one in the middle, like this.…So that we can see what we've just done,…let's go View, Show, Control,…and then we get to see our arc path,…and let's move it open, move it farther apart…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.