Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Fine-tuning, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now let's look at some fine tuning,…things that'll really help to break out of…that symbol look.…So let's take a look at the scene…and I'll just add a few more little details…like you'll see like hand animation happening down here…with like adding extra frames which is the kind of thing…I was showing you in the previous movie.…So what if I want to do some animation on the head?…See how the head is moving back and forward…but yet it's almost pointing as us from the same direction?…And it'd be nice if there was some articulation on it…so let's add some key frames first,…so all down the head range here we'll just select that…and hit F6, and here as well and here.…
Now we don't want animation happening here…so I'll select that range, right click…and go set stop motion key frame…and that just switches it off.…So on this point here the head is tilting back…so it would be really nice if correspondingly…the eye and the mouth were a little higher up on the head…so let's see if we can do that.…Now we can stretch out the mouth a little bit,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.