Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawings keys and breakdowns, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- You may remember from earlier in the course,…I discussed the difference between drawings,…exposures and keyframes.…Keyframes in this instance being the…kind of computer animated, motion tweens…and shape tweens and squashes and such…that you can do inside Toon Boom.…Of course, we can make a traditionally drawn keyframe…or a breakdown frame or an in-between frame by drawing it.…And that's the kind of keyframe…that we're going to be dealing with now.…We'll be setting these drawing in keys…and then we'll be making exposures,…holding them for a few frames.…And we'll see what that looks like,…so let's get into it.…
As you see I've moved my Timeline down…to the bottom of the screen,…because I need as much drawing space as possible.…And I think we're pretty much ready to go,…so I've made this initial head on the stage.…And what we need to do now is to move to the final frame,…where the action is going to be completed,…and just draw the final destination.…So I'm going to switch on this little icon down here…and this Onion Skinning.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.