Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing keys and breakdowns, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] In a previous movie,…I described the difference…between drawings, exposures, and keyframes,…and how keyframes in Harmony are digital keyframes…that control the tweening and the rotation…of computer-controlled in-betweens.…Of course, we can still use a keyframe…in the original sense of the word, meaning a drawing,…and that's what we're going to do now.…So here, I've created a head.…A very simple drawing looking to the left,…and I want to do a series of drawings,…keyframes, breakdowns, and in-betweens…where we turn to the right.…So let's see how we begin to do that.…
So on this drawing here,…that will be the frame looking to the far right.…And if I begin to draw now,…I don't know where I'm coming from, or even what to do.…So I need to put on onion skinning,…and that's this icon here.…Now the problem now is I can't see anything,…so we stretch the onion bars to the beginning,…and now I can just about see the original drawing.…Now the problem here…is that I'm seeing a very faint drawing,…but what what happens as I scrub earlier.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.