Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing the in-betweens, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now we have our key frames,…our breakdown, and our key frame,…but without these in-between drawings,…this is going to look really, really clunky.…So we're going to use our timing chart,…which we have on drawing number one,…to help us control the creation of these drawings…when we'll do it by hand, so we're going to start with…number three, so let's do that.…We'll go into the Xsheet,…and we want to have a drawing here called 3.…So we could just start drawing here if I right-click here,…and go Drawing, Create Empty Drawing,…Alt + Shift + R, that creates a new drawing.…
The computer has called it 2, it isn't intelligent.…It doesn't necessarily know what I want to call the drawing.…So now we go Control + D, and rename that number 3.…That's one way to create a new drawing.…I could also type in the number,…that's a common way to create it.…So now we have our new drawing in here, with one exposure.…So to see what on Earth I need to do,…let's switch on Onion Skin.…And one thing about Onion Skin,…it's nice to try to keep it pretty compact.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.