Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing the in-betweens, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- So we have our keys, and our breakdown…and our final key.…Now it's time to add these intermediate drawings.…So let's get into them, go in a little close,…frame it nicely.…And the thing to realize about these frames…is that principal of a timing chart.…And we used to do these completely by hand…where the first keyframe would be called one…and then the second keyframe would be seven.…Let me extend, I'll hit "F5" here to extend…our timing chart over the entire sequence.…So we have one as the first key,…seven is the second key, the breakdown is number 4,…and we're going to do an ease-in or a slow-in…and a slow-out that will look something like this,…so the timing isn't totally even.…
And we do these little loops to indicate…that number three would be done next,…and then five, and then we leave two and six for last.…So if you want you can create these…and they're a very great way to control…the physical movement or the action.…So let's switch that off so it doesn't distract us.…And what we want to do is to create…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.