Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Dialogue, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So now that we have the audio in the scene,…it's time to do some proper dialogue…because right now we have sort…of a random lip flap, you know,…I just put all these little random mouth shapes down there.…Just to make it look like he was saying something.…But we really want this dialogue to match,…so that it looks good.…So I'm going to just solo out the alien.…So it you go into the twirler here,…go into the skull twirler,…and under the mouth we can solo that.…And I think it will be easier…if we can just see that by itself.…(mumbling)…Now for some reason the first frame has nothing on it,…so let's put a bracket in there for a B mouth.…
And so what I'm going to do is just extend…the B mouth all the way down…and get rid of all the random stuff.…That's just junk.…So we have two Bs, so let's see if we can change that.…I don't know why there are two Bs there,…one here and one there.…Let's not worry about it.…So, okay, we have our audio track.…Let's plan it again.…- [Alien] Get off my moon.…- [Instructor] So I did an awful lot of work…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.