Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating scenes, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- The very first time you start to animate,…you'll see this Preference Style window.…And it's asking you if you want to set your shortcuts…to the Adobe Flash style workflow.…My recommendation is that you don't do this,…because the documentation provided…by ToonBoom on their website uses…their own shortcut workflow, and you don't want…to be working against that.…So let's say No to this,…and now we'll see the Welcome Screen,…and I don't really need to be seeing this fellow…every time I start, so I'm gonna switch him off.…
And now we have the big Welcome screen,…and this will allow us to create project files,…and choose from different resolution settings.…And these are the most common resolution settings…for different formats, the width, the height,…frames per second, and aspect ratios.…If you want to create your own options,…click on this + button and then you have your own field…where you can enter your own options.…So let's make one called Custom.…I'm just going to accept the defaults on here.…And, if you feel like you need to get rid of it,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.