Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating patches, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- A common issue when we're animating…in this cut-out style is how to make the…various joints line up so that they're not too jackey.…So one common problem, or common solution,…rather, is to design them in such a way…that you can rotate them, and for most positions,…they'll work pretty well, so this…would be a good example.…And if during the course of moving this symbol,…jaggedness appear, then you can simply reposition it,…and that's what a lotta people do.…There is another way to solve some of these problems…in Toon Boom Animate.…
And here is a peanut connecting to a peanut,…and I've parented them together.…And what I want to do is to take this elbow here…and to use a system called patching.…And it's a nice little cheat that people…have developed for use in this program.…So go to the Library and we need…to symbolize our lower joint to make this work,…so simply click on this drawing…in the timeline…and drag it into the Library, and it will create…a symbol for us in our Symbols folder.…
Now we have this joint called Joint B,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.