Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and adjusting text, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Now we'll take a look at the Text tool.…So, to get this you just click on letter in the Tool Bar,…and start typing in the stage in the camera.…So, there's not that much to know really.…Let's go into the Tool properties panel…and you can affect the size.…Now if you want to change the size,…you have to obviously select this first,…and let's go into here and make it say 60.…The kerning is the spacing between the letters…so if you feel that it's too wide between,…say the i and the s, you can select those,…and then tighten them up a little.…
The gap between the lines is the line spacing,…so you can also tighten this without having to do…multiple passes of text.…You can change the font.…You can make it bold or italic.…You can center it, justify it...…indent it.…Auto Kern also may be useful with some fonts…that have that information with them,…and then the real thing to be really aware of is,…that if you need to break the letters apart,…go to Drawing, Convert, Break Apart Text Layer.…
And now it's split the entire thing into…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.