Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Colors and textures, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- So it's time to do some digital ink and paint.…We're going to paint this character.…So, if you look inside your Color Tab,…you may not actually see anything,…we have a Color Tab here.…If you don't see the Color Tab,…then click in this little arrow…and there it is.…Now, you probably don't see any colors.…I'm not seeing any colors,…so if that happen, click on the stage,…and that'll activate whatever colors…happen to be in your project.…Now some people who use different versions…of the program, like the PLE, the public versions,…they may see different colors.…Some of you may only see these four colors.…If you do, don't worry.…
We're gonna be making our own anyway.…And if you do see this many colors, though,…I find it's kind of overwhelming,…so I find sometime it's better to use Swatch mode.…You can still see all the names,…you don't have all that empty white space.…In any event, we're gonna click this button…up here, Show Palette List View,…so we can see the different palettes…that we'll be working with.…So, let's click on here and this little + button,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.