Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Colored-ink lines, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] A common way to treat…these kind of character designs…is to add colors to the black line.…It really softens it,…gives it a much more modern and appealing look.…So let's see how we do that.…What's the best way to break this thing apart.…So there are other ways of doing it…but really the only way to consider is the Stroke tool.…So it's the only way that really give you the control…that you need over the gaps and the closures.…So let's pick the Stroke tool.…I'm going to hit K on the keyboard so we can see…the invisible geometry, the line.…
We're going to go to Tools Properties and select these two…so it'll snap a snap on straight lines.…And now we can draw from point to point.…And it might feel a little bit feeble,…the way it's snapping here.…It has a certain mushy feel to it…but I think you'll find it'll paint quite well.…So I'm just going to cover any area…that I feel needs to be colored.…So, for example, this outline of the nose…I want to be a darker color, so I'm going to close that off.…
And this is a really good time…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.