Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Colored-ink lines, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- So let's say you have your character…and he's been built with the brush tool…and then you want to add some different colors…to the various parts.…So maybe you want a light skin color here…along the upper part of the hand for example.…There's a way that you can try to do this sometimes…in Toon Boom, where you select the entire character…and go to Drawing, Create Breaking Triangles.…And you may notice some of these have appeared here.…You can see their outlined form.…And the idea behind this is…it inserts lots of little triangles and all these breaks,…so that you can then paint these areas.…
The problem is, as you see, these triangles are just…not quite doing what I want them to.…So I would be able to, for example,…paint the underside of the shoe,…but if we go further up there's a gap here…where I would like to see a triangle broken,…and it's just not happening.…So I think the easiest way to do this…is to just use strokes.…And you'll see it's not that difficult…and it's clean.…So we go to the Paint option and select Stroke.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.