Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleanup, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- So a quick note on how you would do…a cleanup of a rough animation,…and this rough animation here is pretty clean.…It's obviously rough here,…but always you can tighten things up.…So the correct procedure that you really should follow…to do a cleanup pass of this…wouldn't necessarily involve…tightening each drawing that you see here.…You would try as best you could…to replicate the workflow…of the original rough animation process.…And this is why in your Xsheet…it's so important to label…your key frames and your breakdowns…because it gives a followup artist,…who often is you,…a good view of where the keys were…and where the main important drawings were.…
And there's nothing stopping you…from putting notes on the second layer…above this with timing charts…and other comments, were it necessary.…So that said, I will make a new layer…and call this new layer cleanup.…I would then retrace as close as I can…the original workflow of the rough level.…I'd say we're going to clean this up…with maybe the brush tool again,…just because I like it.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.