Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Child-parent relationships, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Male Instructor] In the previous movie,…I drew the face and the right arm.…I've just completed the rest of the figure,…so I want to talk you through some final touches…to complete the rig.…So, let's see, we have the foot down here…which is on the wrong layer.…So, changing layer hierarchies, like any other program…is pretty straight forward.…You can take that foot and drag it beneath…the leg lower.…Now, the only thing to watch out for,…is that you don't inadvertently do a child-parent…maneuver and end up dropping it in the wrong place.…So, if this kind of thing happens, just undo.…
And try the drag again, and this time…don't let that happen.…It's very easy for this to happen in this program.…We'll do child-parents in a moment, deliberately.…Now then, the other thing to watch out for…are these color codes.…I use color coded layer colors, try to keep them pale…and pastel colored, just double click on the square here…and you can open up that panel.…It's easier to follow the timeline, I think,…if you have colors for the arms, head, body, legs,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.