Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Child-parent relationship, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- So now I'm going to show you how…to make child, parent layers,…and this is a great way to animate scenes,…so let's start going with it.…We'll click the brush tool,…I've got a layer of ready-made called arm.R.upr…and as you can imagine, it will be the upper arm.…So I'm just going to go into our first frame here,…and I've set our scene to play 30 frames.…So let's go into the top layer…and I'm going to make it rough, not too clean.…Let's make it a little thinner so we can move it more,…that little bean-pole arm.…Beneath that another layer, or on top of that rather,…and that will be called arm.R.lwr.…
I keep the naming system simple.…I avoid things like tibias and fibias.…I don't know enough anatomy anyway.…So, let's call this one arm.R.lwr…and the new layer for the hand will be arm.R.hand…and I'll just draw a little hand in here.…Nothing too fancy, just a closed fist.…Okay, so when you have that done, let's nest them.…So you grab the arm.R.lwr…and I want it to be a child of the arm.R.upr layer,…so I take it and I drag it.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.