Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Camera view and Drawing view, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- In this section, I'm going to explain…the difference between the camera view,…and the drawing view.…And they both do pretty much the same thing,…but they do it in slightly different ways,…so let's take a closer look at that,…and the ideas behind these terms, camera and drawing.…Now, earlier in the course,…I explained that Toon Boom was really built…on the metaphor of a traditional animation work flow.…So, what you should do, is follow this through logically,…and the drawing view, really,…should be thought of as existing on paper.…
When you're in Drawing view mode,…you might as well be drawing on paper,…because each layer is treated…as a separate layer in its own right,…and you really can't, as a default,…see through them because it's on computer paper.…When you're in camera mode,…it's as if you've scanned that drawing…and printed it out on a transparent sheet…of cel, and you've drawn it or inked it,…maybe painted it or not,…but you can see through it.…And then you can take in the final layer,…you can take this, and then reposition it,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.