Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Camera multiplane, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now I'm going to show you…how to play with the multiplane camera.…So depending on what version of the program you have,…you may or may not have access…to some of these features.…So if you don't have access to them, don't worry.…It's still fun to look at…and maybe it'll inspire you to get the higher versions.…So first of all, we have to activate perspective mode,…so click on this little plus sign up here…and go Perspective.…And so far not much is different,…but you do notice this perspective plane.…So now we click on the Rotate View in the toolbar,…and presto, now you get a feeling for it.…
Now, notice that all of the layers are flattened…on a single plane right there.…And so what we're going to do is to…deploy them in 3-D space.…And then we can begin to apply 3-D effects to them.…So we need a different viewpoint as well,…so I'm going to also activate the top down view.…And this allows us to see straight down on top.…This is the camera view,…and this line here is all of our artwork.…And we can select different pieces visually…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.