Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Camera multiplane, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Now we will look at the multiplane camera.…A multiplane camera shot is a shot…where the background elements are all on different layers…for an illusion of depth.…Now the way this scene is set up,…the way I've made it, it's all on one layer.…It's all flat.…All I did was I went in and created a space starfield…using just the little blobby strokes for the stars.…There's a very simple Saturn…that was all done with the Ellipse tool.…We have an asteroid, again, very simply drawn,…no great attempts to make this thing clean.…
It was quite sketchy.…On the very top we have a volcano,…and that's gonna be the extreme foreground,…also quite loosely done.…Of course, we have our familiar spaceman in the middle.…So the scene flat without any kind of depth to it…looks like this.…It's not bad, but we can add some vim to it.…So let's look at this in the Perspective view.…Click on this little arrow here,…and click on Perspective.…Now we can select the Rotate tool from this menu.…We won't just be able to rotate side-by-side,…but a full 360 degree orbit of the scene.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.