Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video The Brush tool, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now we'll take a look at the brush tool.…It's very similar to the pencil tool, the stroke tool…that I've already looked at, but there's some differences.…And this'll give you an idea about the kind of things…that the brush tool can do.…So on the left is a very rough drawing.…It looks like a pencil sketch on paper,…and it was actually done with the brush tool loosely…with some textures, and on the right,…also done with the brush tool, is a cleaned up drawing.…So as you can see, the range of styles…that this thing can accomplish is very broad.…So let me just hide these two guys…and we'll make a new layer.…
And I'm just going to select the brush tool,…tools properties panel,…and we'll just run through a few of these.…So I'm going to make them a little bit fatter,…so if you remember from the stroke tool or pencil tool,…it's built around the spine.…It's kind of the opposite here.…When we look at this in the contour editor,…all the control points are on the outside…and there's no internal spine controlling it.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.