Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video The Brush tool, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- What you see here, are two sketches that I've created,…both with the Brush tool.…The one on the left is using some of the Texture brushes,…and the one on the right was done…with the Brush tool also, but the Ink line brushes.…And let's zoom in a little closer, have a look.…So as you can see, this one looks like it was drawn…with paper and pencil and scanned in.…It's a very naturalistic media look.…And on the right side, this figure is…more like a typical TV-style…standard character that you'd see today.…So this is to give you an idea…of the flexibility of this tool,…and it can do a lot of different things.…
So let's go in and have a look at it.…Click on the Brush icon in the toolbar,…and on the right side you'll see the Tool Properties panel,…and the arrow here will access that…Tool Properties panel, if you don't see it.…As with the Pencil tool, we have pressure-sensitive brushes.…Let me make a new layer so I can sketch some out for you.…Zoom out just a little bit.…Okay, so I'm gonna take this brush and make it larger,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.