Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Automatic lip sync, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Now we're going to apply…the auto lip sync detection feature.…This is not a bullet-proof way of doing lip sync.…It's very much a way to make,…in my opinion, the lips move…in an approximation of the speech…so that if you have something…quick and dirty you can use it for that,…but always you're probably going to have to finesse it.…So let's go in here closer now and see what we have.…Switch off all these layers…except the skull layer with the mouth on it,…and if we go to the Xsheet,…you'll see that when we created this first,…I'm going to go to control F inside…the Xsheet just to open it up.…
I put in all these little different mouth shapes…just to illustrate the mouth flapping.…It's important that we have these six shapes to begin with.…Let's get rid of them now…because he automatic lip sync is going…to impose its own exposure on this,…so I'm going to scroll down and just with this red arrow…as I pull this red arrow down, close that,…then I can just extend that exposure of the A.…That's the quickest way just to delete…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.