Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Narrator] So now let's start animating the puppet.…So what I'm going to do is extend the timeline a little bit,…out to about frame 50, select these here, and hit F5,…and we should be ready to start moving this thing around.…So let's make some keyframes here with F6.…We'll go to frame 14,…which you can see the frame number here,…let's pick 14, and we can begin our first keyframe.…So I'm going to use the transform tool…with the animation figure clicked on.…Just select the torso, tilt it back.…
Select the head.…There we go.…Now we'll just quickly and crudely grab the arms…and pull them into position.…Now there's a couple of things going wrong already…that we need to watch out for.…Let's fix these right off the start.…The leveling of the head and the arms is slightly wrong,…so I need to bring the arm forward.…Hold down ALT and the down arrow for both of these.…And the head should be on top, so that's fine.…And I think other than that, the layering should be…fairly decent.…
That's good, okay.…So now I want to get a nicer pose for the leg here.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.