Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating with inverse kinematics, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie,…I showed you how to use a mixed rig…that used chains of child-parents limbs.…And I think it's a really nice way to work.…It's very intuitive.…There is another way to work in the program…called inverse kinematics.…Now I am not going to deal with this is great depth.…I'm going to be perfectly honest with you, I detest it.…I think it's not-ready-for-prime-time.…It wasn't ready for prime time in Flash…and it's not-ready-for-prime-time here.…That's probably probably pretty brazen…as I want to get about it.…But I will show you some ways to control it in this program.…
So first of all, let's try to clean it up a little bit.…It tries to impose a skeleton on your existing timeline,…based on your setup.…So we can definitely clean it up a little bit.…So there's a file here called bone editing mode.…And by going to the layer in question,…we can take some of these lines…and pivot them correctly.…Please note, you can't select them…by clicking on them on the stage.…You have to select them…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.