Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating with forward kinematics, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Finally, it's time to begin to animate…the Martian, so, I'm providing you…with the Exercise Files of the rig.…If you don't have the Exercise Files,…maybe you can construct something fairly similar.…He's a fairly straightforward character,…so hopefully you can follow along well enough.…Let's just extend the time line.…I'm going to select the vertical stack…at the end and hit F5.…Just please note that we've got the entire…figure in a single peg, just for convenience,…and let's see, we have the skull,…with the mouth, eyeball, pupil, antennas…out in there, the arm is a sequence…of nested layers with the upper arm,…let's use the Transform so you can see.…
So the upper arm, the lower arm hand,…and the arm left, which is just the mirror of that.…We have the torso with the neck nested in there,…and the leg is a separate thing.…So this is considered a simple rig,…they can get very complex.…I've decided to keep things separate here…so that you can essentially have…a little more fun with it,…and you can become as complex as you like.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.