Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating the camera, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Okay, so now we've set up our multiplane stage,…and we have the camera.…And if you don't see the camera graphically displayed…then this button here will reveal the actual…arc of the lights of the line of sight.…And then you have Reset View and Reset Rotation,…which we don't need to mess with at the moment.…So let me then set a key frame for the camera position.…So just click on here and hit F6.…And I'm going to set another one for the end.…And click it here, F6.…
And I think all we have to do now is use the…Advanced Animation tool, this will show you the XYZ handler.…Now, watch as I move this forward.…And we can move it down.…And if you find this handler a little awkward,…a little clumsy, then simply select this…and move inside the Camera view here.…So let's try that, because I think it's much more intuitive.…I'm going to close this window, close this and close this.…And in this window I'm going to go…View, Show, Camera Mask.…
Now all we see is what the camera sees.…So here is our shot, as we zoom in.…So let's just reposition.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.