Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Animate vs. Flash, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- The big question many animators and studios…face today is should we keep working with Flash…or switch to something like Animate-Harmony.…Well let's take a look at the pros and cons of each.…One of the great strengths of Flash is…that it's quite easy to learn, it's not…like some animation programs that have…a lot of bells and whistles to it…so you can start learning Flash quite quickly…compared to many other programs.…It has a very wide user base,…for a long time was pretty much the industry…standard for any kind of 2-D flat animation…that you saw on television.…
There's a lot of websites out there…about Flash and how to work with it.…It has actionscript so you can do interactive…projects with it, games and things for mobile.…It has a command system so that you can…write your own plugins for the program…and there are many free commands out there…that are excellent.…You can create quite large sequences…in a single Flash project, so I've just…recently finished working on an animated project…that was up to three minutes long…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.