Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Animate vs. Animate Pro vs. Harmony, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- If you're working with Animate 3, or Animate 3 Pro,…or Harmony then there are some differences…in the different versions of the program.…The big ones being that as you migrate to Pro and Harmony,…you get more options when it comes to morphing.…You get things like Curve Deform come in with Harmony.…Bone Deform and an Advanced Hierarchy come in with Pro.…You get a more sophisticated 3D camera…with the more advanced versions.…But, having said that, you still have a Multiplane camera…even with the basic version of Animate.…
And I've done some work with it that's really nice.…So, I think Animate is still a really good option.…Animate by itself is a lot more than Flash by itself.…Because I know that's the direct comparison…that most people will be making with it.…A lot of people will wonder,…well is it worth spending more money on Pro or Harmony?…What really am I missing out on?…So do check this webpage because it will give you a feeling…for the features that come with the higher versions,…and whether or not it's worth your time…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.