Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Animate and video card settings, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Many of you will have a problem…when you start the program for the first time…and you start making some lines.…You'll notice that the lines might be jaggy,…and if you look at the sample scene…for example, you'll see pixels and that's not…what we want to see, so let's fix this first…before we go any further.…So let's go Edit,…Preferences,…and under the OpenGL tab,…and if you're using a later or earlier version,…you may see different tabs but you should have…something similar to OpenGL.…Be sure you Enable Full Scene Antialiasing.…If you're on the Mac, you'll be able to add in…Number of samples, I'm on a PC…so this is greyed out for me.…
So let's just click OK on that.…And you'll notice in this case I've already set Enable on…and it still isn't working.…What this means is that my video card,…and in this case I'm using an Nvidia video card,…has a problem communicating correctly with Toon Boom.…So in order to fix this, let's have a look…at how we do that.…I'm on Windows 8 and if you're on Windows 7…or earlier, you may see your icon down here…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.