Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding mouth shapes, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] One confusing thing…that struck me when I began using this program…was the process of adding extra drawings to a layer,…because it isn't quite the way you do it in other programs.…So they end up basically defaulting into a holding pane…in the library depending…on what layer you're going to be working on.…They're safely housed in here,…and they can be called up at any time on the timeline,…but let me show you precisely how this is done.…So I'm going to go into the skull,…hit mouth, and solo that out so I don't see anything else.…I'm going to expand the drawing area here temporarily,…and I'm going to hit F5 a few times.…
Here, I'm going to go Drawing,…create Duplicate Drawing,…or alt + shift + d or opt + shift + d.…Click that.…And then just repeat that shortcut.…So let's zoom in on the mouth…and see about adding a few mouth shapes.…So we need the cutter tool for this,…and also, I'm going to go…to the Xsheet so we can see just exactly…what's happened here.…So I'm going to rename these.…You can right-click and go Drawing,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.