Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding effects, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- Toon Boom Animate has a selection of effects…that you can apply to your levels.…Obviously, I can't go through all of these effects…there's far too many,…even in the limited selection in Animate.…In the higher versions of the program,…there are a huge number of these things,…and there's an entire extra section of the program…that deal with them,…but there are some nice ones here that you should know about…so I'll just do a couple of these…to show you how they operate.…Let's see, the effects that I think…might be most useful here…might be Glow.…We'll get a nice Glow effect on Saturn,…and I think a Blur effect on that volcano in the foreground.…
So let's do the volcano first.…I want to make this one be a little blurry.…So, as we get closer, it'll get more out of focus.…So, let's add a layer for Effects, Blur,…and we'll drag the volcano onto that,…and now if we go into the Blur Settings,…click on this,…and we'll set the Radius to, say, 25.…Quality, High.…Close.…Now, you don't see anything,…and the reason for that is because we're not in Render Mode,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.