Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding effects: Essentials, part of Toon Boom Harmony Essential Training.
- [Instructor] If you're working in the simpler versions…of Toon Boom Harmony,…you'll have a separate way of applying filters,…like effects and blurs.…So I'm going to show you this in Harmony Essentials…before I then show you the more complex methods used…in Harmony Premium in the next movie.…So the kind of effects…that you really need more than anything…will be transparencies and that kind of thing, basic stuff.…So select the layer that you want to be transparent.…In this case, the sphere.…and we click on the plus sign…and go effects, transparency.…And as you can see,…it's automatically applied at 50% transparency.…
So click on this plus sign…and you can control the amount of the transparency…from 0 to 100.…If we hit F5 so we expand the timeline…of the sphere to the end,…you can see we have a keyframe here…and we'll hit F6 to make a keyframe at the end.…So we'll make the transparency 0 at one end,…so it's no transparency…and 100 at the other.…You can type in numbers too, if you like.…So now let's play that.…And there you go.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Creating scenes
- Transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys, breakdowns, and in-betweens
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating rigged characters
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Adding sound and dialogue
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
2D Animation: Animate Flying Creatureswith Dermot O' Connor33m 12s Intermediate
2D Animation: Animal Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor42m 43s Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
11. Exporting Movies and Images
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.