Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding drawings to the animation, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- So now, we have our bouncing ball…with most of the physics, I think,…pretty well taken care of.…And what would be really, really nice right now…to bring it to life would be to add some features…to this ball to make it spin maybe,…like gave it some stripes or color areas,…so let's see how you would go about doing that.…And this will introduce some other concepts…that I really think you need to understand,…so let's just switch off and hide some of these layers…for a second and show you what I want to do.…What I want to do is to,…I'm just going to very quickly sketch in…with the Brush tool.…And let's make sure I got a black line.…
And okay, so I'm gonna draw this ball in such a way…that it has a stripe.…And one side of the ball will be say, blue,…and the other side will be green, keep it green.…I think let's do six frames maybe,…so this'll be the darker blue area.…And then, this'll be all blue.…And then, it'll spin around.…And we'll get it back…that we'll see the green bit bit begin to.…Like phases of the moon.…And then, the green area will come back into view.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.