Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a drawing, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- When I began using this program first…one of the things that was very,…kind of, awkward to get my head around…was the idea of adding drawings…and this thing about you add the drawings here,…but then they're there,…and where are they?…So, I want to show you the process just one more time…of how you would flesh out the character rig…with new drawings on this Timeline…and where they go,…and I think a good example of how to do this…would be the mouth.…Now, I'm gonna do this quick and dirty.…I'm not gonna make this clean…'cause I just want to show you the basic principle…of how you add new frames to this.…So let's hide everything,…and let's just go to the skull layer,…and we'll go to the mouth layer,…and hide all the others.…
So, all I want to do here…is just temporarily extend this Timeline…and the mouth layer.…I think we can hide the skull as well.…So here's our mouth layer.…So let's, we can go to the Drawing layer for this,…I think it'll be easier.…So we get rid of all the crud that's around it.…So here's our mouth layer,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Flash Professional CS5: Character Animationwith Dermot O' Connor9h 19m Intermediate
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.