Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Action templates, part of Toon Boom Animate and Harmony Essential Training.
- In the previous video,…I showed you how to create a master template…so that you could reuse animation…made in one scene in another scene.…So here is another scene.…So if I want to reuse that animation,…I will have to open the library…or the folder on my hard drive where it's saved.…So let's right-click here and go Open Library.…And it's in our Exercise Files, Templates folder.…So let's select that and open it.…And here it is.…So I'm going to right-click on this and go right to Modify.…Here is the preview of the template.…
And it's a miniature scene in its own right.…It has its own folder and path,…just like a regular animate scene.…So I'm going to right-click here…and go View as Thumbnail.…So you can see all of your clips…as thumbnails if you want,…but I think we're gonna be putting a few in here,…so let's just keep it as a list.…Okay, so let's open this into the timeline.…Drag it onto the stage.…And we have an extra drawing layer down here…that was made for us.…Let's get rid of that. We don't need that.…So now we have the action.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
Note: Dermot uses Toon Boom Animate to demonstrate these techniques, but Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Animate Pro users will also benefit from the training.
- Creating scenes
- Drawing and transforming objects
- Applying color and ink
- Drawing keys and breakdowns
- Easing in and out
- Nudging in 3D space
- Rigging a character
- Animating with forward and inverse kinematics
- Morph-tweening characters
- Animating cameras
- Performing automatic lip syncs
- Exporting movies and images
Skill Level Beginner
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
4. Traditional Animation
5. Digital Animation (Motion Graphics)
6. Character Setup and Rigging
7. Animating a Rigged Character
8. Multiplane Camera
9. Sound and Dialogue
10. Effects and Text
11. Exporting Movies and Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.