Set up reliable access to Wi-Fi in any home or office, with these wireless-networking tips.
- Hi, I'm Julio Appling, and welcome to Up and Running with Wireless Networking. Wireless networking, commonly called WiFi, is everywhere. With more and more devices being built with wireless capabilities, it's important to have reliable access to wireless in your home or office. In this course, we're going to look at the basics of how to setup and configure a wireless network. Specifically, we'll discuss how to determine what wireless standards might best suit your needs. We'll look at positioning, testing, and configuring your wireless router to get the best performance.
And along the way, we'll also look at a few tools that can help you setup your network, or troubleshoot an existing network. Now, let's get Up and Running with Wireless Networking.
- Review the role of the ISP, modem, and router.
- Describe how to test network speeds.
- Cite sources of device interference.
- Name ways to secure your Wi-Fi.
- Explain how to adjust Wi-Fi throughput for quality of service.
- Identify antenna modifications that will focus your broadcase.