Transform your data warehousing and business intelligence experience into big data skills. Build on what you already know to plan a roadmap to a better big data solution for your business.
- View Offline
- I'm Alan Simon, and welcome to Transitioning Data Warehousing to Big Data. In this course, we'll look at how all of the exciting and extremely powerful big data and analytics technologies are transforming our long standing approaches to building data warehouses and delivering business intelligence to business users. I'll start by exploring the evolution of data warehousing and business intelligence over the past two decades. I'll explore several different ways that companies can build a new generation of data warehouses to take advantage of the power and flexibility of big data technology, specifically an environment called Hadoop.
We'll see how you can determine exactly what your organization needs to accomplish in today's era of data driven decisions and actions and how to build on what you already know about data warehousing and business intelligence to make your organization's transition that much easier. Now, let's get started with Transitioning Data Warehousing to Big Data.
- Exploring big data, Hadoop, and analytics
- Examining the shortcomings of traditional data warehousing
- Comparing big data architectures for next-generation data warehousing
- Understanding alternatives
- Building a roadmap
- Managing big data-driven projects
- Monitoring and measuring success